in a New Era
A little less long ago…
It’s been 26 years since we last met Peter Aloysha Aarons. At 52, he’s finished his doctorate, been in the movies and on the concert stage, won an Emmy, made peace with his father, and he’s been married – and divorced. What he’s never been, is in love.
That is about to change, challenging his views of morality and utterly destroying his well-ordered and much cherished routine. Is the love of this quirky female author worth losing the love of his father? How much is he actually willing to give up to be with her – this perfect and perfectly improbable stranger?
Hollywood and Beyond in 1992
- Television Shows to Watch Include: Law and Order, America’s Funniest Home Videos, and Star Trek: The Next Generation
- The Movies to Watch include: Aladdin, a Few Good Men and Wayne’s World.
- Best Film Oscar Winner:
The Silence of Lambs (released in 1991)
- The Top Music Artists: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Genesis, Metallica, and Michael Jackson
- In Science: The nicotine patch is released and Space Shuttle Endeavor goes on its maiden voyage.
- In Politics: Bill Clinton became president of the USA and America sent armed forces to Somalia.
- Most Iconic Product Release: Microsoft releases Windows 3.1
- Notable books include: The Pelican Brief by John Grisham; Oh, the places you’ll go! by Dr. Seuss; Rising Sun by Michael Crichton
The average cost of a first class stamp: $0.29
The average cost of a gallon of gas: $1.13
The average cost of a new car: $16,950.00
The average cost of a new home: $131,000
- 1992’s Popular toys:
Barbie’s Dream House, Creepy Crawlers, and Rockin’ Robot Cassette Player.